Back again with another round of quick fire questions to get you ready for the game on Saturday. Answers as always will be in The Special. Subscribe and get a load of great pre-game reading, or even for during the game given the quality of the football, for free.
- Southampton were relegated in 2005, having moved from the Dell in 2001 to the St Mary’s Stadium. Why is the stadium called this?
- Marian Pahars scored a number of late goals in 98-99 to keep Southampton in the Premier League, but which country was he from?
- In 1984 as King Kev was taking his playing leave of us, Southampton were celebrating their best ever league finish which still stands today. What was it?
- In 1976 Southampton won their only ever domestic trophy with an 83rd minute goal to beat which team in the FA Cup final?
- How many games did Alan Shearer play for Southampton in the Premier League?
— True Faith: Newcastle United Fanzine and Podcast (@tfNUFC) August 26, 2021
- Three members of the squad that earnt Newcastle promotion in 1993 went on to play for Southampton. Who were they?
- In 2014 two separate goalkeepers matched John Karelse and conceded four goals to the Saints. Who were they?
- On 16th January 2000 Newcastle scored four times in the first 31 minutes, eventually winning 5-0. Which two men played for Saints that day that have gone on to manage Premier League clubs?
- In 1969-70 Newcastle and Southampton met for the only time in which competition, Newcastle progressing on away goals.
- Who was the manager when Southampton won the 2010 Football League Trophy?
Answers in the match report following the Southampton game.
Stephen Ord – @smord84