So as the season prepares to kick off, we thought we would start to recall times past, or answer some trivia questions related to Newcastle United and their opponents. This week we entertain West Ham and look back at some of the events from previous seasons between the sides, players that link us and otherwise general football knowledge.
So without further ado, here are the first set of questions. Answers will be sent out with The Special, let us know how you get on.
- Who was the last player to score for both Newcastle United and West Ham?
- Which two numbers have West Ham retired from their squad numbers?
- When West Ham beat Newcastle 8-1 in 1986, Alvin Martin scored a hat-trick past three different goalkeepers. Can you name all three?
- David di Michele scored twice in a 3-1 win in 2008 for West Ham against Newcastle, but who was the manager of West Ham that day?
- How many European finals have West Ham played in, and which competition?
- Since 2000 two players have been captain of Newcastle and sold directly to West Ham, who were they?
- Newcastle have had five players who have won more than 20 caps for England whilst playing for the club, who are they?
- In which year was the last Tyne-Wear derby held?
- In 2002, Newcastle started the season with a 4-0 win over West Ham. Which player made his league debut for the club that night?
- We think we have seen some bad defending recently but in 1960-61 Newcastle conceded the most amount they ever have in a season (in 42 games). How many was it?
Full answers to all of the above questions will be in Sunday’s issue of THE SPECIAL – to sign up to THE SPECIAL (it’s FREE) – click here
STEPHEN ORD – @smord84